Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Charlotte
You might not think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s draining correctly so your Charlotte basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can quit draining for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running properly, get in touch with the Experts at Komfort Air Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop working for a few different reasons:
- Power loss
- Insufficient maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frozen or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to verify your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is upright and not tilting to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and pulls out the water efficiently.
- During dry conditions, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Komfort Air Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to protect your home from water damage, trust the professionals at Komfort Air Service Experts to verify yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 704-705-8135 or book an appointment online.