According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The average cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Komfort Air can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly installed to prevent sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Mint Hill don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Komfort Air, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and proficiency to manage everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or become congested, don’t hesitate to contact us at 704-705-8135
the moment you identify a problem to prevent as much, potentially pricey, harm to your living space and plumbing system as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are discarding trash properly.
- Discarding grease down your drain will result in a obstruction in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Komfort Air install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Komfort Air to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Komfort Air today at 704-705-8135
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.