What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by incomplete fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your home, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces could also produce carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.