Preventing it from happening is the most important place to begin. Doing correct safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Charlotte.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when used properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are running accurately, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Komfort Air.