Your HVAC system is vital to home comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever stopped working on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if there was a way to guarantee an uninterrupted source of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to ask for tune-ups with Komfort Air Service Experts, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so people often forget about setting up furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, check out these benefits:
- Reveal smaller problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system often progress gradually. When a technician examines the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix smaller problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the risk of an unexpected breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Encourage home comfort: When your heating and cooling system performs the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more balanced humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit offers peace of mind that your home comfort system is running like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand annual tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can often expect same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC contract allows access to the most rapid installs feasible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance plan grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to make things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Komfort Air Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Komfort Air Service Experts office today.