When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people do not like the taste of polluted tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first opt for going the bottled water approach. But of course, this gets expensive fast. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, get in touch with Komfort Air Service Experts to help you choose and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that regulated water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main following severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate harmful chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to bring higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Komfort Air Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Komfort Air Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.