Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Charlotte, you might be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several points to think over, in addition to the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and increases comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Komfort Air, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your wallet if you install both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system stops working. You can avoid the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at peak efficiency, making your family comfier and lowering your yearly energy costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for a special deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Komfort Air. We know the cost of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 704-705-8135 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.