Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several points to think over, plus the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and increases comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. An updated air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Komfort Air Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you install both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your yearly energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for a discount since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Komfort Air Service Experts. We know the cost of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 704-705-8135 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.