Summer is typically a busy time of year for many families in Mint Hill. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Mint Hill heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Mint Hill heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Komfort Air a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Mint Hill heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a breather as it can also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Mint Hill temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.