Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many families in Charlotte. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Charlotte heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Charlotte heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Komfort Air a call at 704-705-8135 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Charlotte heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it can also be an early sign of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Charlotte temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.