Building a new home? Upgrading your present unit? No matter why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you might shortly come to the conclusion that you have more possibilities than you first thought. Follow this information to help you weigh four different options so you can choose the right air conditioner in Charlotte.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people bring to mind when they picture air conditioning for the complete residence. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. Some models can also deliver heat when it’s cold.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your reside in a climate with warmer weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t use (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly silent, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at a stable 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this continuous supply of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be good for you if:
- Your residence uses ductwork.
- You desire a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your house for the subterranean loops.
This is an additional type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an indoor blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house, or a recent expansion to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual areas.
- You want to add zoning to your house.
Don’t know which style of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at Komfort Air for anything air conditioning! We can go over your options and help you select the best one for your home. Please contact us at 704-705-8135 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate today.