Booking regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your AC unit in Charlotte operating at its top performance while keeping energy usage small. It also can even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple things you can complete on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Komfort Air, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can do on your own as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that involves a big portion of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is a great time of year to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule a fix or installation, you could be waiting a long time for a technician. And that might turn extremely unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a fresh air conditioning system will help assure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, cooling service could be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Myself?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling system in the top condition:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and can reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the outside condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have fallen into your system, since this might block airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Komfort Air at 704-705-8135, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to remove any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to double check your equipment is starting, cooling and shutting off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that involve additional action, we are set to give you the most economical option. Uncovering potential problems early might solve bigger issues in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your unit is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated cooling system, our Experts will assist you to select the best equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to book your checkup? Call us at 704-705-8135 or schedule an appointment online now.