Booking yearly AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your AC unit in Charlotte running at its top performance while keeping energy usage small. It also can even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are several jobs you can complete on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Komfort Air, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do on your own as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large portion of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning unit scrubbed and inspected. Hesitating to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule a fix or installation, you could be waiting a long time for a tech. And that might turn extremely unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help provide the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, cooling upkeep could be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Myself?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the top condition:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and can lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is especially important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn maintenance near the outside condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have fallen into your equipment, as this might block airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Komfort Air at 704-705-8135, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to ensure your equipment is starting, operating and turning off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that need extra action, we are set to give you the most economical option. Finding potential problems early might solve bigger troubles in the future. This also gives you time to save if your unit is aging.
When you are seeking an updated AC system, our Experts will assist you to select the ideal equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to book your tune-up? Contact us at 704-705-8135 or schedule an appointment online right away.