Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heat or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Charlotte and keeping payments lower.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a definite benefit for keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to expertly work your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can turn to a few other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy costs less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 704-705-8135 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct product for your home. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.