Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heat or air.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Charlotte and keeping payments lower.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility charges down.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in modern cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your energy charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to expertly work your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can turn to a couple other methods to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home cooler by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 704-705-8135 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct fit for your home. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.